Go to the Rhode Island State Grant Program page...
The Rhode Island State Grant Program is designed to provide grants (non-repayable financial assistance) to those students whose family resources are not sufficient to meet the costs of higher education. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) serves as the program's application.
To qualify for the State Grant program, you must:
- Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a Rhode Island resident since January 1st prior to the academic year in which the applicant enrolls in school
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a program that leads to a degree or certificate
- Attend school on at least a half-time basis
- If already enrolled, be making satisfactory academic progress as defined by the school's satisfactory progress policy
- Not have previously earned a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.