Bulletin for the week of December 1, 2013
This week's readings
- 1 Sun: 1st Sunday of Advent—Is 2:1-5/Rom 13:11-14/Mt 24:37-44.
- 2 Mon: Advent Weekday—Is 4:2-6/Mt 8:5-11.
- 3 Tues: St. Francis, Xavier, Priest—Is 11:1-10/Lk 10:12-24.
- 4 Wed: Advent Weekday or St. John Damascene, Priest & Doctor of the Church—Is 25:6-10a/Mt 15:29-37.
- 5 Thurs: Advent Weekday—Is 26:1-6/Mt 7:21, 24-27.
- 6 Fri: Advent Weekday or St. Nicholas, Bishop—Is 29:17-24/Mt 9:27-31.
- 7 Sat: St. Ambrose, Bishop & Doctor of the Church—Is 30:19-21, 23-26/Mt 9:35 – 10:1, 5a, 6-8.
- 8 Sun: 2nd Sunday of Advent—Is 11:1-10/Rom 15:4-9/Mt 3:1-12.
Evangelistic Outreach Event
- Weekly Praise and Worship is canceled this Tuesday, December 3, because of Thanksgiving break.
- Festival of Praise will be held on Saturday, December 7, at 7:00 p.m. in the Finnegan Fieldhouse.
Austria Send-Off Mass
The Austria Send-Off Mass will be held on Tuesday, December 3, at 4:45 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel.
Advent Lessons and Carols
The Service of Lessons and Carols, a prayerful concert that begins the Advent season, prepares hearts for the arrival of the Christ Child, will be held on Tuesday, December 3, at 7:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel.
Household Life Mass
The final Household Life Mass of the Fall Semester will be Friday, December 6, at 4:45 p.m. in the Finnegan Field House.
Memorial Mass for Amanda Looman
A Memorial Mass for Amanda Looman will be held on Saturday, December 7, at 12:30 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel. Fr. Sean Sheridan, TOR will be the main celebrant. Amanda was a Franciscan University senior management and marketing major, a student-athlete on the soccer team, and a Theta Phi Alpha sorority officer. She died from injuries suffered in a car accident in Dayton, Ohio, on October 13.
Latin Extraordinary Form - High Mass
The Latin Extraordinary Form High Mass will be held on Sunday, December 8, at 4:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel.
Project St. Nicholas
Sponsored by Christ the King Chapel
Help underprivileged families this Christmas.
Project St. Nicholas is Christ the King Chapel’s annual drive to collect money for the Urban Mission and the local community. The money will help provide food, clothing, and toys for families and children in need this Christmas. Please make all checks payable to Franciscan University.
Second collections for Project St. Nicholas will be taken on Sundays, November 17 & 24 and December 1 & 8. Donations will also be accepted in the Chapel Office.
May God bless you for our generosity!