Philosophy Position Available
The Department of Philosophy at Franciscan University of Steubenville invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level in philosophy to begin in fall 2014. Teaching load: 24 credits per year. AOS/AOC: Open. However the following would be expected:
- Competency in at least two areas of the history of philosophy
- Familiarity with the works of Augustine and/or Aquinas
- Capability of teaching core philosophy courses in the areas of human person, ethics, and metaphysics.
Furthermore, the following areas would be helpful to the department:
- Specialty in some area of contemporary thought
- Specialty in early modern thought
Candidates who are willing and able to teach in an additional core area of need are especially encouraged to apply. These additional areas include literature, the American founding, mathematics, and macroeconomics. Ph.D. required by start date. Some teaching experience is preferred, and evidence of research goals is necessary.
Applicant must be familiar with and support the Mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville.
Send a letter of application that includes:
- a statement of pedagogy;
- a statement demonstrating willingness to support Franciscan University of Steubenville’s Mission;
- curriculum vitae;
- all transcripts;
- three letters of reference
Send all above requirements to:
Philosophy Search, via firstname.lastname@example.org
or physically c/o
BJ Brehm, Academic Affairs Office
Franciscan University of Steubenville
1235 University Boulevard
Steubenville, OH 43952-6701
E.O.E. Deadline for applications: January 15, 2014.