Theology Position Available
The Department of Theology at the Franciscan University of Steubenville (FUS) invites applications for a full time, tenure track position to begin August 2014. FUS is an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, located 24 miles west of Pittsburgh International Airport.
The successful candidate must:
- possess an appropriate Ph.D. (or S.T.D.) at the time of employment,
- be committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service,
- support the Mission of the university.
The successful candidate will teach core subject needs in the area of Systematic Theology which will include, though not be limited to, the foundations of Catholicism, Scripture and Tradition, and any number of upper-level electives on both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Candidates willing and able to teach in an additional core area of need are especially encouraged. Areas of particular need include: literature, the American founding, mathematics, and macroeconomics.
To apply, please submit:
- a letter of application,
- curriculum vitae,
- evidence of undergraduate teaching effectiveness (including evaluations),
- a statement of teaching philosophy,
- a statement on the mission of the Franciscan University of Steubenville,
- three letters of reference,
- official transcripts.
Send all above materials to:
Fr. Daniel Pattee, TOR, Ph.D., Chair, New Core Search Committee (Theology), via firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o BJ Brehm, Academic Affairs
Franciscan University of Steubenville
1235 University Boulevard
Steubenville, OH 43952
Review of completed applications will begin on November 20, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. E.O.E.