Scholarship & Research
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) is an initiative of the ASPIRE Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership in order to foster Scholarship among faculty at Franciscan University of Steubenville. This section of the center’s webpage will provide literature on SOTL as well as provide postings on opportunities for faculty participation. Links to SOTL websites will be provided to allow the faculty member to explore and learn more about SOTL initiatives. Literature and Helpful Links on SOTL
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: According to their webpage “Founded in 2001, the Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (JoSoTL) is a forum for the dissemination of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in higher education for the community of teacher-scholars. Our peer reviewed Journal promotes SoTL investigations that are theory-based and supported by evidence. JoSoTL’s objective is to publish articles that promote effective practices in teaching and learning and add to the knowledge base”.
- Illinois State- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Houses workshops pertaining to SOTL and other similar issues.
- Vanderbilt Center for Teaching: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: The website provides information and resources pertaining to SOTL
- The International Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: The site is “an open, peer-reviewed, international electronic journal published twice a year by the Center for Excellence in Teaching at Georgia Southern University to be an international vehicle for articles, essays, and discussions about the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) and its applications in higher/tertiary education today. All submissions undergo a double-blind peer-review process”
- The International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: “serves faculty members, staff, and students who care about teaching and learning as serious intellectual work. The goal of the Society is to foster inquiry and disseminate findings about what improves and articulates post-secondary learning and teaching”
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at Indiana University Bloomington: Contains some helpful links and information.
- CASTL: The Carnegie Academy for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: An initiative of the Carnegie foundation, “The CASTL Program seeks to support the development of a scholarship of teaching and learning that: fosters significant, long-lasting learning for all students; enhances the practice and profession of teaching, and; brings to faculty members' work as teachers the recognition and reward afforded to other forms of scholarly work”.
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: An annotated bibliography provided by the Carnegie Foundation.