Director of Advising and Academic Operations
Franciscan University’s Director of Advising and Academic
Operations has been assisting students navigate degree requirements since
2000. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts
degree in Social Work, Ms. Dulany began her career with Franciscan in Gaming,
Austria as a Residence Director. Returning to the states, she completed a Master of Science in
Educational Administration and worked in Enrollment Services before transitioning
to Academic Affairs in 2012.
It is our unique mission that first attracted Ms. Dulany to
Franciscan University as a student and has since engaged her pursuits in
academic advising. Ms. Dulany’s primary
aim is to help students achieve their academic goals. Her work with students encompass exploring majors, navigating
academic requirements, applying transfer credit and creating degree completion
plans. As co-chair of the student
success council, Ms. Dulany is committed to providing resources for students
who are struggling in the classroom.
- PhD candidate in Instructional Management and Leadership via Robert Morris University.
of Science in Educational Administration, Educational Staff Personnel
Administrator concentration, Franciscan University of Steubenville (2008)
- Research project: “University Foundations:Is It The Key To Building Academic Success?”
of Arts, Social Work, cum laude Franciscan
University of Steubenville (1997)
- Received Social Work Department Award
- 2012-present, Director of
Advising and Academic Operations, Franciscan University of Steubenville.
- 2000-2012, Associate
Registrar, Franciscan University of Steubenville (promoted from Assistant Registrar
- 2000, Interim
Director of International Students, Franciscan University of Steubenville.
- 1997-2000, Residence
Director, Austrian Program, Franciscan University of Steubenville.
- 2012, Jenzabar Annual Conference: “Maximizing Degree Audit”
- 2011, OACRAO Annual Conference: “Bean Counting:
Who’s Here? Working with Enrollment Management”
- 2010, OACRAO Annual Conference: “SIS Conversions and Upgrades”
- 2010, Student Life: “FERPA for RDs”
- 2009, Enrollment Services: “FERPA: An Update”
- 2007, Student Life: “FERPA: What’s Up With That?”
- 2004, Enrollment Services: Noel Levitz’s Connections Customer Service
- Franciscan University Chapter Sponsor
Association of Academic Advisors (NACADA):
Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (OACRAO): 2001-2012
Committee, Chair; Programming Committee; 2009 Local Arrangements Committee
- 2008-present, A Caring Place, Child Advocacy Center, Board
member and secretary
- 2004-present, Warriors of the Word Household, Advisor