Getting Ready for Student Life in Austria!
Being a world away doesn’t mean being far from home
The sacraments, service, fun times, and camaraderie still animate Student Life while you’re in Austria
Your home in Austria is the 14th century Carthusian monastery, the Kartause Maria Thronus Iesu, or the Charterhouse of Mary, Throne of Jesus. Nestled in the foothills of the Alps, restored and updated, the Kartause and its baroque chapel help the whole experience come alive as soon as you arrive. More on the Kartause »
Upon arriving in Gaming, you will find out your rooming assignments, get your keys, sign your Meldesettel Form (town registration), etc. We will then have our opening Mass in the Kartause chapel with dinner and a social to follow. Orientation week is very busy with meetings, tours, trips to nearby landmarks, and chances to get to know your Gaming classmates!
Student Life Highlights
- All activities stop midday for two hours so everyone can attend Mass together in the Kartause chapel. Mass is followed by lunch, also all together.
- Events are held each night of the week to foster community. Everything from Philosophy on Tap to Praise and Worship to Men’s and Women’s ministries. If you get bored you were trying.
- Ministry for Moms lets you help in the day-to-day family life of the faculty and staff in Gaming who live nearby.
- Various local activities—hiking, wine tasting, creek jumping, and more—readily available without having to travel anywhere!
- You will have daily opportunities for Adoration and Confession.
- Live-in residence directors and residence assistants will aid in any way they can, big or small
Student Work Opportunities!
Students have an opportunity to earn money while also giving back. Positions available:
- Athletic Trainer/Nurse
- Athletic Department Assistants
- Chaplain Office/Liturgy Assistant
- Chaplain’s Office/Gaming Outreach Assistant
- Church Cleaning Crew
- Classroom Maintenance Crew
- Computer Lab Helpers
- Custodial Flex Crew
- Flex Crew
- Gaming Writer/Photographer
- Intramural Referees
- Kartause Newsletter Editor
- Library/Writing Lab Assistant
- Liturgical Music Assistant
- Lourdes Pilgrimage Assistant
- Mensa Crew
- Movie/DVD Specialist
- RA Office Assistant
- RD Assistant
- Sacristan Sister’s Assistant
- Sound Technician
- Sheet Exchange Crew
Health and Medical in Austria
Prescriptions, medical services, emergencies, we have it all covered while students are in Austria. More on medical facilities in Austria »