Successful Communication Arts Alumni
- Regina Doman (RTV, ’92) — best-selling author of Catholic teen fiction, including Shadow of the Bear, published by Chesterton Press, and Black as Night, Angel in the Waters, the Midnight Dancers
(full list here)
Her radio drama version of
Shadow of the Bear won the “2009 Best Audio Drama” at the 2009 Sonic Society awards in Halifax, Nova Scotia. A side note: we still use as a class exercise the radio drama script version of Sophocles’ Greek Tragedy Antigone that Regina wrote for Com 341 (Radio Production I).
- Dave Manney (’91 — both RTV and Journalism) — Managing News Editor, PIX Tribune Broadcasting CW Television Network, NYC. Note: Dave is the former News Director for WXZY-TV (ABC) in Detroit. His current job, according to
published industry reports, includes serving “as Managing Editor of all station news content, on all PIX platforms and will be the chief news liaison to Tribune Interactive.”
- Federick Marckini (RTV ’94) — best selling author of
Search Engine Positioning web search strategy trade book, published by Wordware.
- John Lillis (RTV ’97). Founder and President, Saint John Media Catholic radio network and media services, Omaha, NE. As listed on John’s company web site, “Lillis has been a part of EWTN projects as well as FOX News, SBC Pacific Bell, Metrocall Paging, KVSS radio, KEXS radio, KWTL, KAIR, Archangel Radio and many more.”
- Amalia Zea (RTV ’98) — Executive Producer of EWTN Network Television’s top youth-themed program
“Life on the Rock” for many years.
- Nick Thomm (RTV ’01) — Executive Producer of the national radio program
“Kresta in the Afternoon” on the Ave Maria Radio Network, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Kara (Coulter) Cardella (RTV ’01) — Traffic Manager for the
Ave Maria Radio National Network, Ann Arbor, MI. Kara also spend a summer interning at Vatican Radio in Rome at the end of her Austrian semester!
- Joe Pascale (RTV ’03) — upon graduation, worked for more than 7 years as an AVID video editor for EWTN Network Television, Irondale, AL.
- Ashley Drane (RTV ’08) — upon graduation, worked as a Traffic Reporter for WSYX-TV, Columbus, OH and Television News Reporter for WHIZ-TV, Zanesville, OH.
- Matthew Tuszynski (RTV ’10) — Radio Engineer for EWTN’s prime-time international radio program “Catholic Answers,” based in San Diego, CA. Matthew graduated in May 2010 and e-mailed this past Sept. to say “It is the greatest job I could have asked for and I couldn’t dream of doing anything better.”