Dr. Clinton Born
Professor of Educationcborn@franciscan.edu(740) 284-5328
- Bachelor of Science – Comprehensive Social Studies Education (The Ohio State University)
- Master of Education – Guidance and Administration (Xavier University)
- Doctor of Philosophy – Educational Administration (Ohio University – Athens, Ohio)
- Superintendent of Schools, Director of Federal Programs – East Guernsey Local School District (Old Washington, Ohio)
- Academic Supervisor-Assistant Principal, Academic Director-High School Principal – Central Ohio Joint Vocational School District (Plain City, Ohio)
- Guidance Counselor – Plain Local School District (New Albany, Ohio)
- Social Studies Teacher – Northmor Local School District (Galion, Ohio)
Graduate Education Teaching Accomplishments
- Developed and implemented an online course entitled School Improvement Planning.
- Taught a diversity of courses.
- Supervised students in administrative clinical experiences.
- Advised students toward completion of their degrees and licenses.
- Supervised six principals through Ohio’s Entry Year Principal Program as a Mentor.
- Chaired University’s Instructional Technology Committee.
- Presented numerous workshops to area administrators and staffs.
- Successfully negotiated and administered certified and classified Master Agreements.
- Passed a 10.9 mill emergency operating levy with a 65% passage rate.
- Led the district out of the state loan fund.
- Orchestrated curriculum reform and school improvement efforts with input from community, Board of Education, staff, and the administrative team.
- Improved student scores on state tests.
- Established and guided district strategic and continuous improvement planning efforts.
- Initiated and directed $1 million facility renovation projects using state funds.
- Overhauled district maintenance/custodial departments.
- Formulated and maintained highly regarded public relations program.