Professor Jeffrey Rankin
- MBA (Strategy and Marketing), University of Pittsburgh
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- Knights of Columbus
- Society of Catholic Social Scientists
- Served as Board President for AIM Women’s Center for six years, a pregnancy resource center in Steubenville.
- Over 8 years experience in design engineering and finite element analysis in the metals, defense, and aerospace industries.
- Over 15 years experience in a wide range of marketing leadership roles in the field of engineering software at Dassault Systèmes (Abaqus), Ansys, and Siemens (Femap).
- Since 2006, have taught a range of undergraduate and graduate marketing, management, international business and strategy courses.
- Financial Secretary and Faculty Advisor of the Franciscan University of Steubenville Student Chapter of The Knights of Columbus.
- Research interests include: business ethics and Catholic Social Thought, strategic relations, product and service development, integrated marketing communications (IMC), and global marketing.
- Ongoing consulting in the field of technology marketing with an emphasis on CAD/CAM/CAE software and related services.
Select Publications & Accomplishments
Professor Jeffrey Rankin-Main Respondent for Marketing and Catholic Social Thought Session
“Marketing and Catholic Social Thought Session”, at Renewing Mission & Identity in Catholic Business Education, University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio, 18-20 June, 2012.Professor Jeffrey Rankin-Marketing Education peer reviewed article
“Marketing Education in Light of Catholic Social Teaching” (peer reviewed article, forthcoming in), The Catholic Social Science Review, The Society of Catholic Social Scientists, Steubenville, Ohio, 2012.Professor Jeffrey Rankin-Marketing education for SIFE
“Marketing Education in Light of Catholic Social Teaching” (conference presentation), Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) Small Business Fair and Workshop, Franciscan University, Steubenville, Ohio, 17 November, 2010.Professor Jeffrey Rankin-marketing planning
“Marketing Planning-Entrepreneurial Approaches”, SIFE Project Bootstraps Seminar Series, Franciscan University, Steubenville, Ohio, 24 February, 2010.Professor Jeffrey Rankin-Developing a realistic and effective marketing plan
“Developing a Realistic and Effective Marketing Plan”, for the SIFE Project Bootstraps Seminar Series, Franciscan University, Steubenville, Ohio, 18 February, 2009.Professor Jeffrey Rankin-Developing a Marketing Strategy
“Developing a Marketing Strategy”, presented to the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce to support their strategic planning initiative, Steubenville, Ohio, 19 March, 2008.