Grants are primarily need-based financial aid awards that do not need to be paid back. Grants awarded by the federal and certain state governments are based on information provided in the FAFSA, while grants that our office awards take additional factors into account.
Our need-based institutional grants are offered each year based on
several factors including financial need, academic standing and test
scores upon entering FUS, housing status, and course load. The amount
you receive is determined as part of your financial aid award package
after we receive your FAFSA. These grants do not need to be repaid.
Students who receive federal funds must complete the Authorization to Use Title IV Funds form and return it to the Financial Aid Office.
Federal Pell Grant
- Eligibility: Must complete a FAFSA and demonstrate high financial need based on the information contained therein, undergraduate students only.
- Amount: Ranges from $620 to $5775/year
- Comments: This is awarded automatically based on your estimated family contribution (EFC)
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Eligibility: Must complete a FAFSA and demonstrate high financial need as determined by the financial aid office, undergraduate students only.
- Amount: Varies
- Comments: Franciscan receives a very limited amount of resources for this grant and will award it to the neediest students until funds are depleted.
Federal TEACH Grant
- Eligibility: U.S. Citizen, ACT/ SAT score or GPA requirements, enrolled in FUS TEACH eligible program in Department of Education, plan to teach full time in a high need field in a low income school for a minimum of 4 years
- Amount: Undergraduate: $1000-$4000/year with a maximum of $16,000
Graduate: $1000-$4000/year with a maximum of $8000
- Comments: See website for complete details, this WILL turn into a loan under several circumstances
- Learn more about the TEACH grant.
- Entrance Counseling and ATS